Question about Inpatient Alcohol/Drug Rehab Places:?

Question by Puddy: Question about Inpatient Alcohol/Drug Rehab Places:?
I was at one for a month last year… and it did me a WORLD of good!

Even though I did not like the constant groups which I found boring, I DID appreciate the constant medical care and meds monitoring I got there, and the care actually helped to (miraculously for me!) END my nearly 20 year batle w/ the bottle; (HALLELUJAH!)

My question is : Was the rehab unit or freestanding a locked setting? Mine was, but I wonder if it was just the one I went to or are they all or most of them “closed settings”?

And even though I was relatively well treated by the staff and all the others signed in voluntarily, so what’s w/ the locks as if if it were a psych unit or jail?

Best answer:

Answer by Narconon
Not all rehab places are equal. A locked unit is not necessary at all if it is for voluntarily committed addicts and the addiction center has a proper technology on how to handle each case that comes in.

Apparently you went to a place that gives you meds–and, by the way, most do. This kind of “rehab” has its own medical requirements to operate, like insurance, etc. This makes them wary of accidents or incidents and makes them take extreme measures, like the lock-down. Unfortunately this facilities operate more like a psych unit or jail.

I’m glad this worked for you but I’m afraid that there is an option in which they won’t give you meds, they won’t lock you up, there are no “groups” nor psychs to evaluate for you, folks move through the drug or alcohol abuse rehab program at their own pace and are referred to as students, not patients. Also, they won’t substitute one drug for another, etc., etc. This is the Narconon program.

Narconon is the most effective rehab–by far, I know as I was an addict for nearly 20 years too and went through several rehabs until I found the one that handled ALL my specific problems. And not only handled all my “reasons” and problems but it handled some I did not know I had until I discovered them by myself with their amazing courses and practicals. For example I handled my honesty, my integrity and my communication and as if this was not enough this little courses and practicals gave me the ability to confront life and situations with confidence.

There is not one day that I do not use the life skills learned there to help myself or help others. Today I have been drug and alcohol free for over 15 years and I’m very successful at what I do and love, art. Also, I made a point of helping others and when I’m not writing or helping someone with their addiction I’m also volunteering in another non-profit organization. This is my way to thank Narconon for their invaluable help.

When you have a chance visit their website and/or pass this info to someone who might need help with their addictions. The Narconon program is delivered around the world by many organizations and it is the most highly regarded drug rehabilitation due to its effectiveness. Oh, and I forgot to mention their detox is the best in the world too. Not only it handled my cravings but my eyesight improved and I felt so fresh and full of energy when I finished it.


Inpatient Drug Rehab Chicago (855) YES REHAB – Overcoming drug addiction and co-occurring disorders can seem like an unobtainable dream, and most people feel burdened and doomed. However, there is help fo…


New Beginnings Recovery Center Honored as Winner of the 2013 James W
DALLAS, May 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — New Beginnings Recovery Center, the leading teen residential treatment program in the Southwest and one recognized nationwide for teen rehabilitation, has been named the winner of the 2013 James W. West M.D. …
Read more on PR Newswire (press release)

Rehabilitation Program Offered
DANBURY — The Midwestern Connecticut Council of Alcoholism has announced the opening of Trinity Glen Women's Program, a long-term residential treatment facility for women who are suffering from chronic addiction. Located in Kent, Trinity Glen …
Read more on Voices News

Santa Rosa psychiatric hospital a missing piece in Sonoma County's mental
In 2012, about 600 people were referred for inpatient psychiatric treatment. Of these, about 70 percent were either covered by private insurance or had no insurance at all. The remaining 30 percent are covered by the federal Medicaid program, which …
Read more on Santa Rosa Press Democrat